This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- From: Andrew Chang <awc at bitmover dot com>
- To: "Max Bowsher" <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>, develop at jarava dot com, cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 3 Feb 2003 13:25:02 -0800
- Subject: Re: cygwin 1.3.19-1 file permission out of sync with NTFS on XP?
- References: <200302031914.h13JE6g22439@work.bitmover.com> <020a01c2cbbf$48bd41f0$78d96f83@pomello>
On Monday 03 February 2003 12:03 pm, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Andrew Chang wrote:
> > I have a situation in which a cygwin app created a file, chmod it to
> > readonly.
> > then we have a win32 app chomd the same file to writable (0644).
> > In cygiwn 1.3.12, the new write permission would show up in the
> > cygwin "ls -l" command. In cygwin 1.3.19-1, the write permission is
> > not visible in cygwin "ls -l", but if I go to the Explorer, it would
> > show the file as writable.
> > Originally I thought is was a cache delay problem, but it never
> > caught up.
> > Rebooting XP does not help either.
> > Did the permission code changed somewhere between cygwin 1.3.12 and
> > 1.3.19-1 ?
> > It there something I can do to make them sync up again ?
> > (Note: I also tried "CYGWIN=ntsec", it does not help).
> Ntsec is ON by default now. Did your /etc/passwd and investigate
Max and Elfyn.
"CYGWIN=nontsec" did the trick
Thanks you both for the help.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html