This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: cygwin emacs patches integrated into official FSF CVS tree
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 4 Feb 2003 11:52:39 -0500
- Subject: Re: cygwin emacs patches integrated into official FSF CVS tree
- References: <email@example.com>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Tue, Feb 04, 2003 at 10:07:05AM -0500, Joe Buehler wrote:
>FYI, the patches necessary to compile GNU emacs on Cygwin
>have finally been integrated into the official FSF source tree.
>They are currently in the main CVS branch if you want to check
>it all out and work on it for your own purposes.
>The version in the FSF tree does not have undump() functionality.
>Because of licensing issues I have to rewrite the code before
>the FSF will accept it.
>The next (21.3) official GNU emacs release will probably not
>have the Cygwin patches in it because of release timing issues.
>They will eventually be in an official release, though.
Thanks for your efforts in this regard, Joe. This has been a long
Your work is much appreciated.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html