This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Strange new behavior...
- From: "Brian J. Ackermann" <brianj774 at gmx dot net>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 05 Feb 2003 10:59:47 -0600
- Subject: RE: Strange new behavior...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
Yep, that did the trick (the mkpasswd -d -u solution)
Thanks a bunch...
I am still wondering why this didn't 'go away' after a complete uninstall, and consequent reinstall?
sounds like something funny in /etc/passwd try regenerating it with
mv /etc/passwd /etc/passwd.old
mkpasswd -l >/etc/passwd
and if you are in a domain
mkpasswd -d -u "your username" >> /etc/passwd
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html