This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: Why won't my files link?
- From: "Chris January" <chris at atomice dot net>
- To: "Nick Miller" <nmiller at cs dot oberlin dot edu>
- Cc: "Cygwin at Cygwin dot Com" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Wed, 5 Feb 2003 22:32:30 -0000
- Subject: RE: Why won't my files link?
> Okay everyone... thank you for your help and for your feedback. Allow me
> to attempt to clarify a little bit more...
> 1) I am new to GCC. I am new to C. I had worked until Java until
> 2) I used the SAME io_functions.o file in both Cygwin and Linux. This
> file was generated by a CS professor at my school using GCC. When I use
You can't use Linux library object files on Cygwin. If you don't have access
to the source then you will either have to compile and run your application
on Linux or use some kind of emulator like Line or VMWare.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html