Re: [avail for test] libtool-devel-20030121-1

On Wed, Feb 05, 2003 at 10:07:45PM -0500, Charles Wilson wrote:
>It's not that you didn't chime in with your speedup patches.  Its that
>you apparently didn't bother to read the emails in the discussion, so
>that when you DID chime in, it was with (slightly) offtopic and
>(mostly) unhelpful at this late date.

But then there's a lot of that going around here this week...

It seems to me that libtool should be able to pregenerate a non-gpl,
statically linked cygwin dll version of tcl which will be buildable by
anyone and should automatically correct flaws in the top level configury
while modifying setup.exe to install only the dlls that you want.
libtool seems like the perfect tool for stabilizing cygwin releases
similar to Debian or fetchmail, too.

How hard could this all be??????????

Maybe I'll work on this in my "copious spare time".  Chuckle.  Snort.
That's a good one.

Oh, and the GPL sucks.  Have I mentioned that?  Have I?  Huh?  Should
I mention it again in case you missed it?

cgf