This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: 1.3.19: fetchmail's "authentication failed" message corrupted
- From: Iain Tuddenham <tuddenham at ntlworld dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Sun, 9 Feb 2003 03:48:09 +0000
- Subject: Re: 1.3.19: fetchmail's "authentication failed" message corrupted
- References: <Pine.CYG.4.53.0302090118500.1352@LILAC>
Sorry - me again...
Today at 1:31am, Iain Tuddenham wrote:
| My .fetchmailrc includes
| mda "procmail -d '%T'; notify"
| (where notify is a little script to ring a bell).
Having broadcast that to the world, I've just noticed what a bad idea it
"procmail -d '%T'; notify"
returns always notify's status code of 0, so fetchmail never becomes aware
of any procmail failure.
mda "procmail -d '%T' && notify"
fixes that (and also differs in that it doesn't ring if the mail isn't
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html