RE: [avail for test] libtool-devel-20030121-1

> ARGH.  This defeats the whole purpose of the policy change -- and it is
> a policy change driven by the libtool development.  I don't want to
> support a forked version of libtool that differs from mainline on a
> basic policy issue.

May be, but like Max has stated, I don't like to be forced to make every static
lib as shared lib. This would break the whole kde build system, because often
convenience librarys are build and assembled together into a dll. May be, that's
the reason, why on linux and other systems "pass_all" is used, because it
overrides this police.

	  case $linkmode in
	  lib)
	    if test "$deplibs_check_method" != pass_all; then
	      echo
	      echo "*** Warning: Trying to link with static lib archive $deplib."
	      echo "*** I have the capability to make that library automatically link
in when"
	      echo "*** you link to this library.  But I can only do this if you have
a"
	      echo "*** shared version of the library, which you do not appear to have"
	      echo "*** because the file extensions .$libext of this argument makes me
believe"
	      echo "*** that it is just a static archive that I should not used here."

Ralf