This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
RE: cron - Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
- From: "Harig, Mark A." <maharig at idirect dot net>
- To: "House, Mark" <Mark dot House at MSL dot com>,<cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:47:36 -0500
- Subject: RE: cron - Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32 error 1062:
I can't see any glaring errors. Here a some things you might try:
1. You're running Windows 2000, SP2. Is there any reason you haven't
I doubt that this has any effect, but it might be worth trying.
2. You have Windows 2000 installed on your 'c:' drive, but Cygwin is
on your 'd:' drive. You might try installing a minimal Cygwin on
drive, and retrying cron. Have you been running Cygwin on 'd:' all
If you find a fix that you think could be detected by the
script, please let me know so that it can improve.
From: House, Mark [mailto:Mark.House@MSL.com]
Sent: Monday, February 10, 2003 10:45 AM
Subject: cron - Error starting a service: QueryServiceStatus: Win32
I have been experiencing this error ever since I rebooted my server. I
am now unable to start the cron service. I have attached my cygcheck
file and I have run cron_diagnose.sh as suggested by Mark A. Harig on
his posting on 20-Dec-2002.
In addition, I have uninstalled and reinstalled the cron service and I
have reinstalled the cron and cygrunsrv components.
I am using Win2000 Server. My Event Log displays the following error.
The following information is part of the event: cron : Win32
Process Id = 0x9A0 : Cygwin Process Id = 0x9A0 : starting service `cron'
failed: execv: 1, Operation not permitted.
I would appreciate any suggestions that you can offer.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html