This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: multi-user file permission problems
- From: Brian Ford <ford at vss dot fsi dot com>
- To: Max Bowsher <maxb at ukf dot net>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Tue, 11 Feb 2003 18:15:31 -0600 (CST)
- Subject: Re: multi-user file permission problems
On Wed, 12 Feb 2003, Max Bowsher wrote:
> Brian Ford wrote:
> > Why are shells and such confused by this, though?
> Well, that scan PATH, looking for executables.... and if file they see isn't
> executable, they ignore it.
Isn't that a bug if they don't use the ACL's for OS's that have 'em?
Senior Realtime Software Engineer
VITAL - Visual Simulation Systems
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html