Re: bin dir not created during cygwin setup in Win2kPro

This thread is kind of old, but has anyone else experienced this problem?
I have.

Running Windows 98, I chose "Download from Internet" and saved files to
c:\Windows\Desktop\cygwin-download.  After completing that (and after a
couple failures because of my modem), I did some other work, installed
some Windows Updates (don't know if that could possibly matter), and then
came back to install Cygwin.

I chose to install to c:\cygwin, and chose the download directory as
before.  I selected all my packages and proceeded.

While the setup prog listed all the files it was installing, I did notice
that it listed various /bin/* and /usr/bin/* files.  But when I went to
start Cygwin, it bombed -- the c:\cygwin\bin and \usr\bin directories are
not there!

Everything else is, including c:\cygwin\usr\X11R6\bin\*, but of course I
can't run any of those programs because the cygwin DLL's are also missing.

I've tried this a couple times, with variations on the directories,
packages to install, etc..  Same result.

I can't say if Download[ing] From Internet isntead of installing directly
at first could have caused the problem because I'm not about to do it all
again on my 56k.  So, does anyone know what to do?

--
Peter Davis <pediddle@pediddle.net>
Furthermore, I believe bacon prevents hair loss!