cron problems - no longer functions after changing system date

hello,

I've noticed a problem with the cron service and as of yet, haven't found any
posts that echo my problem.  It seems whenever the system date is changed on
the computer on which cron is running as a service, the cron daemon stops
functioning.  The service itself doesn't appear to stop (Windows 2000 Server
reports it as running), but all jobs scheduled to run via cron cease
functioning after the date is changed.  I've managed to work around this
problem scheduling cron restart jobs via the Windows Task Scheduler, but it
is still a nuisance.

I've also used the cron testing script provided on your site to make sure that
cron and all directories, etc. are setup properly - the script seems to think
everything is fine.  Given that my jobs run normally as expected when the
date isn't changed, it leads me to believe it is a cron-related problem.

Has

I'm running Windows 2000 Server, SP3
cygwin-1.3.17-1
cron-3.0.1-7