This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mkpasswd:  Access is denied.
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Peter Canning" <canning at vitria dot com>
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 23:16:52 -0000
- Subject: Re: mkpasswd:  Access is denied.
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Elfyn McBratney" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> I have been unable to successfully run mkpasswd -d since our corporation
> upgraded to MS Exchange 2000. When I run
> mkpasswd -d
> I get the following output
> mkpasswd:  Access is denied.
> I suspect this is caused by some problem with the configuration of the
> domain controller, but I don't know enough about domain controllers to
> guess any more than that.
> The problem is preventing me from using sash to log in remotely to my
> I've attached the output of running
> strace --output=mkpasswd.strace.txt mkpasswd -u canning -d
> to this message. I have been unable to interpret this output enough to
> figure out what is causing the problem. If anyone can figure out what is
> causing the problem, and suggest what might be done to fix it, I would be
Can you provide strace output from when you are running `mkpasswd -d'? As
what you provided was for a command that worked (?).
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html