This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Win 2000 : Open Files With Word & Excel From The Command Line
- From: Steve <beforewisdom at yahoo dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 14 Feb 2003 22:55:22 -0500
- Subject: Win 2000 : Open Files With Word & Excel From The Command Line
- Organization: Gravitational Research Institute
I'm on win 2000 and I am using cygwin.
I put script files called "word" and "excel" in my /usr/local/bin. These
files have the path to the ms word and ms excel executables.
They work, they bring up the apps, but I can't get the apps to take
command line arguments to open remote files.
cygwin> word c:/docs/memos/parking/myfile.doc
opens only word not "myfile.doc".
Is there any way around this? I would love to be able to do this as it
is monumentally faster then scrolling through a file dialog box or
explorer to open up a file.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html