This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Group name getting set to 'mkpasswd'
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn dot mcbratney at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
- Date: Sat, 15 Feb 2003 04:33:47 -0000
- Subject: Group name getting set to 'mkpasswd'
- Reply-to: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk>
There are two posts on firstname.lastname@example.org at the moment where a discussed
change and perhaps implemented (?) on email@example.com has come up.
The first was ("mkpasswd:  Access is denied.") where the user, Peter
Canning had problems running mkpasswd agains his own user and the second
that's just come in is ("no man pages"). Both have the group set to
Also this was in the strace output that Peter sent in, I withheld this bit,
as I didn't quite know whether this was intended (from mkpasswd's side)
65 19353 [main] mkpasswd 1148 pwdgrp::read_group: Completing
Just wondered what to reply with. Is it a simple matter of running mkgroup?
Sorry if this sounds like a groan, I just don't want to reply with the wrong
answer as I quite often do ;-)
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html