This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: An apology...
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"Stephen Ford" <stephen_ford at ntlworld dot com>
- Date: Tue, 18 Feb 2003 16:06:44 -0000
- Subject: Re: An apology...
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Reply-to: "Elfyn McBratney" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>
> I posted an item on 17/02/03 (The Cygwin mailing lists are rather archaic
> and cumbersome aren't they...?), which looks as though it has been taken
> a criticism of people supporting this mailing list. It was not the
> so I apologise for any offence given. The phrase "support systems" was
> a comment about the computer systems.
> The delay in posting this has been caused by the difficulties I've had
> configuring Outlook Express to manage the mailing list, and with the GMANE
> site that I am using to translate between the OEx newsreader and the
> mailing list. This is the fourth attempt at posting.
I use one filter for each cygwin ml that I'm subscribed to and have no
problems with "manage"ing the flow.
> Just out of curiosity, why is a mailing list used when it seems far
> for users to connect to a newsgroup?
Not everyone here uses a sparkly gui app (oex) so not everyone will have
access to a news-reader. It is however, more likely that they will have
access to a mail-client, tho.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html