Re: smbclient

Henning, Brian wrote:
Right now i am tunneling a samba share to my windows machine. I have turned
off sharing on my windows box so there will be no conficts with the
forwarded share. on the windows machine i am using smbclient to log into the
share. it works just fine with cygwin's smbclient //localhost/share -U
username, i enter my password and i can see the share just fine. My problem
is i can't see the share from windows xp... i tried mapping a network drive
\\localhost\share. i made sure to set the username and password info. any
suggestions to help me mount this share?
I'm afraid you're confused.  There is no smbclient in the Cygwin
distribution.  If you have one, it comes from somewhere else.  You
should check with the provider of smbclient about this issue.