This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: CR stripped in files with CR/LF by 'ed' while in binary mode.
- From: Christopher Faylor <cgf at redhat dot com>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Wed, 19 Feb 2003 15:54:12 -0500
- Subject: Re: CR stripped in files with CR/LF by 'ed' while in binary mode.
- References: <001501c2d856$36e5c490$6401a8c0@MattePort>
- Reply-to: cygwin at cygwin dot com
On Wed, Feb 19, 2003 at 12:33:50PM -0800, KMatte wrote:
>Using 'ed' to modify a file with 'CR/LF' at the end of each
>line results in the CR's being stripped out.
Correct. ed is linked with automode.o. It reads textmode input
and writes binmode output.
>I don't believe this is the desired behaviour since vi
>doesn't behave in this manner.
vi has a 'set [no]binary' command. ed doesn't.
However, as always, patches gratefully accepted.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html