This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
toggling DOS versus UNIX line ends
- From: David Starks-Browning <starksb at ebi dot ac dot uk>
- To: Rich DeFuria <rich at belarc dot com>
- Cc: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Fri, 21 Feb 2003 15:24:55 +0000
- Subject: toggling DOS versus UNIX line ends
- References: <3E562F49.E38E6BAC@belarc.com>
On Friday 21 Feb 03, Rich DeFuria writes:
> I am (happily) running cygwin on a win2k box.
> During installation, I chose the DOS line end option; big mistake!
> Now I want to change the setting to UNIX line ends.
> How do I toggle that setting?
> BTW, I have read the cygwin FAQ section
> "4.3.3 How is the DOS/Unix CR/LF thing handled?"
> but that is not explored there.
"DOS" line endings correspond to the -t (text) option to mount.
"UNIX" line endings correspond to the -b (binary) option to mount.
Type "mount" to see your current mount table, and change them from
text to binary.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html