This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: Is MAILX supported
- From: "Elfyn McBratney" <elfyn-cygwin at exposure dot org dot uk>
- To: "cygwin" <cygwin at cygwin dot com>,"wak9167" <wak9167 at netzero dot net>
- Date: Sat, 22 Feb 2003 17:37:25 -0000
- Subject: Re: Is MAILX supported
- References: <003b01c2da8c$85743fa0$0100a8c0@server>
> Is the MAILX command supported or is there an alternative. I keep
> getting the error mailx not found when running my script.
No. There are alternatives: ssmtp, procmail and exim. But if you need
something to read it then there's mutt and pine, and maybe a few more (?).
Once you have installed this/these packages in setup.exe take a look at
their documentation located in /usr/doc/Cygwin for instructions on how to
set the up and/or use them.
Btw, if ever you find that binary you used in another unix flavour is not
found, you faviourite linux app cannot be found anywhere take a look at
<http://cygwin.com/packages/> . Type in the name of the app, adding a '.exe'
to the end may help, and if no matches are found then it hasn't been ported
elfyn at exposure dot org dot uk
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html