Re: Problem with pthreads

Joe Sadusk wrote:
I'm in qa, and I'm attempting to port a filesystem stress test written for Linux to Windows using cygwin. It uses pthreads to create many concurrent threads which read files out of a directory in various patterns. The thing is, I've found that with any more than 55 threads, pthread_join will hang indefinitely, for no apparent reason. Its also only the second call to pthread_join. Its being called from the creator thread and each of the threads were cancelled prior to being joined (and the cancel appears to work fine, as all disk activity stops). Its very strange. With 55 threads everything works exactly as expected, and with 56 it doesn't work at all. Is this a known issue, or am I doing something wrong?

Please provide a testcase.

Thomas