This is the mail archive of the
mailing list for the Cygwin project.
Re: mknod implementation? any idea when it will occur?
- From: Robert Citek <rwcitek at alum dot calberkeley dot org>
- To: cygwin at cygwin dot com
- Date: Mon, 24 Feb 2003 15:44:51 -0600
- Subject: Re: mknod implementation? any idea when it will occur?
- References: <OF740BE822.6DFA596C-ON88256CD7.0072DD1B@hughes.com>
At 01:28 PM 2/24/2003 -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:
>Please clarify what use your software makes of mknod.
>Do I guess correctly that what you really want are named pipes?
I don't know about others, but I would use mknod for a loopback block
device. Then I could mount images of filesystems, e.g. ISOs, floppies, etc.
Unsubscribe info: http://cygwin.com/ml/#unsubscribe-simple
Bug reporting: http://cygwin.com/bugs.html