threads question

I was wondering what the current status of using threads are for
cygwin?  I have a project that I am starting and am considering
using threads.  The clients would be all flavors of Windows
including 95 to XP.  I know this is rather vague but I am really
only looking for info about wither I should try using threads or
just go with processes.

Thanks for any help

--
Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...
Wayne Willcox                          I will not eat green eggs and ham