Re: Processes are unable to fully discard their controlling terminal

On Mon, Mar 03, 2003 at 10:59:14AM -0500, Norman Vine wrote:
>Christopher Faylor writes:
>> >
>> >I've noticed this behavior for a while and it has always bothered me.
>I'm
>> >glad that I was able to solve it.  I think Pierre's original bug report
>> >got me thinking about this although I suspect that his problem still
>exists,
>> >unfortunately.
>>
>> I just found out that something as simple as 'sh -c ls' was broken with
>> my change.  I've fixed that and am generating a new snapshot now.
>
>This fixed the problem make was having with the original patch :-)
>
>However I am seeing a new twist.
>
>When compiling a project from a rxvt shell using the native MingW compiler
>an empty cmd window is launched at each invocation of cc1plus.exe, this
>console closes automatically when cc1plus finishes.

Corinna noticed something similar.  I wonder why something is deciding that
it needs to allocate a console.

The latest snapshot may work better although I realized as I was driving
to work that there will be some problems there too, especially with
CYGWIN=tty.

cgf