Re: Distributing .ISO files.

Hello Igor,

At 06:42 PM 3/3/2003 -0500, Igor Pechtchanski wrote:
>On Mon, 3 Mar 2003, Robert Citek wrote:
>> [snip]
>> In fact, I would have two items:
>>   1) How can I redistribute Cygwin?
>>   2) How can I create an ISO to redistribute Cygwin (probably a pointer to
>> a how-to).  If there was a wiki or blog for this, I would be happy to
>> contribute how I create my ISOs.
>
>You could simply send those instructions to this mailing list...  The FAQ
>entry could point to your message in the archives.

True.  But I'm hoping that someone will read my instructions on the web,
laugh at them (and maybe at me, too), and make them better right on the
spot.  Wiki is great for this.  In the mean time, I will write them up and
post to the list.

>You could also send a patch to the FAQ, of course.  The instructions for
>getting Cygwin sources from CVS are at <http://cygwin.com/cvs.html>, and
>the FAQ is in winsup/doc/faq.texinfo (and related files).

I'm still getting my feet wet with the Cygwin sources, CVS, patch, etc.
For example, I downloaded the setup module and compiled it.  Instead of a
~100 K file, mine was ~10 MB.  It seems to work, but obviously, I did
something wrong.  Or is being off by 2 orders of magnitude "close enough?"

>This is an open-source project.  It's much easier to get your changes
>accepted here, especially if those changes are to the documentation (for
>the better).  In fact, you could be awarded the honorable title of CTDW
>(see <http://cygwin.com/acronyms/#CTDW>). ;-)

Oooo.  I'll actually have a chance at being not just sexy but Ubersexy.
Now that deserves some serious consideration.  :-)

Regards,
- Robert