De : cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com]De la part
de Christopher Faylor
Envoyé : jeudi 6 mars 2003 16:51
À : cygwin at cygwin dot com
Objet : Re: Permission denied calling configure on Win95

On Thu, Mar 06, 2003 at 04:10:36PM +0100, karim Hamed-Abdelouahab wrote:
>Hi,
>I've just installed cygwin (version 1.95) on a win95 machine. I have to
>apologize, I'm a new user of linux and I have no idea how to configure the
>bash enviroment ( I hope it's correct).
>
>Well, I tried to compile some several files. When I run configure file,
"sed
>: permission denied" appears in the shell session and a pop-up window
>appears, telling me that an executable "expr.exe is linked to a DLL that
>isn't there. The name of the DLL is CYGINTL-2.DLL. It's true no DLL with
>this name is there.

It sounds like you didn't use setup.exe to install your stuff and so
are missing some necessary dependencies.  The cygwin web site has a link
to the correct way to install cygwin (Install Cygwin Now!).  I suggest
that you use it.  You can find the correct package for cygintl-2.dll by
using the "Setup Package Search" available in the left side of the cygwin
web page.

Once you find the package you need, click on the "Install Cygwin Now!"
until you get to the "Select Package" screen.  Click on "View" until you
get to the "Full" view, and select the package.  Then hit Next to install
the package.
--
Please use the resources at cygwin.com rather than sending personal email.
Special for spam email harvesters: send email to aaaspam at sourceware dot org
and be permanently blocked from mailing lists at sources.redhat.com