Problem Running Non-Cygwin Apps in rxvt

I have thoroughly searched through the web for a
solution to this problem, but to no avail. Hopefully
someone can answer this here.

During my initial try on rxvt, I instantly concluded
that rxvt is much better place to run the bash shell
than the dos prompt terminal. Unfortunately, I have
discovered recently that rxvt has problem running
Windows command line programs (non cygwin apps) that
involved user inputs.

rxvt will not display the output prompting the user to
enter something during the execution of those
programs. The outputs are only flushed after the
programs have been completed. For example, executing a
Perl scipt like the following in rxvt

   print ("Hello World\n");
   $str = <STDIN>;

The "Hello World" string will only be displayed after
the user has entered something. But this thing does
not happen when running bash shell in a dos prompt
terminal.

I know I can fix the above perl program by adding a $|
= 1 statement. But the point is that a lot of other
Windows command line programs are developed by
assuming the terminal is line buffered. It is not
possible for me to change all those programs (a lot of
these programs are .exe files).

So, is there a way to change the rxvt terminal to be
line buffered ?

I know there will be performance penalty for that. But
with CPUs today, I think I can bear with that.

Best Regards,
Ayamico Hamasaki