links does not work und windows Programm

Hi folks,

I have the following problem, when I make a symbolic link from a directory under cygwin. I can use them in Windows 2000 in the Windows Explorer, but it is not possible to us the link under another Windows Programm like Excel.

When I trie to open a file using the link in Excel I can't see the link to the directory. After Changing the type of the file to all Files I can see the links to the directories. But when I click on the link I get an errror saying somethin like "Acces to writeprotected File 'directoryname' not possible". I translatet the errormessage from german, so it could be that it not the original text in english.

So Excel thinks that the Symbolic link is a File and not a Link.

A link made by Windows Explorere is not usable in cygwin.

How can I fix the behaviour?

Thank for any help in advance

Franz