Re: setup snapshot?

On 12 Mar 2003, Robert Collins wrote:
> Any other feedback on the increment setup snapshot?
>
> It is meant to fix the permission problems (another of which occured
> today) that are plaguing new users.
>
> I'd really like to have a success story from an NT user with that
> snapshot before making it the primary installer....

After reading this I tried it on a box at work that has had cygwin
installed for about 2 years, originally on WinME, upgraded to Win2k
and now to XPPro (in other words, it's a mess). I'd had ntsec problems with
new software when that was made the default so I'd just used CYGWIN=nontsec.
I removed the CYGWIN env variable (from outside Cygwin) and ran the setup
snapshot and new packages installed fine. For example, other users had trouble
with 'man' after upgrading but it worked for me.

Hope it helps.