Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] Updated: cygwin-1.3.21-1

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 11:01:53AM +0100, Thorsten Kampe wrote:
> * Christopher Faylor (03-03-13 08:51 +0100)

> >> I commonly run a compilation from within GNU Emacs.  I've never had any
> >> problems with this until I tried running 1.3.21-1.  I think it has to do
> >> with the changes to the console handling.
> >
> > Yeah, and isn't it a *shame* that when I suggest that people should try
> > a snapshot, they never do?  The only way I have to test new features is
> > to release a new version of cygwin, apparently.  And, then listen to the
> > complaints.
>
> Like in the old days: noone wants to try a "beta" or "snapshot"
> (except when he's got problems with the existing release). Call it
> "Preview Release" or "Release Candidate" and make it very easy
> accessible.
>
> Even I as a long-time-user wouldn't know (without research) where to
> get and how to install a "snapshot". Is it this "Exp" thingy in
> "Setup.exe"? Where to get the "new" Setup.exe? If it was offered
> directly on http://www.cygwin.com/, lots of people would be curious
> and try.

It is called "snapshot".  A quick look on the Cygwin home page shows in
the left menu bar a menu point called "Snapshots".  Where's the magic in
finding this?

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.