Re: How to use ssmtp ?

On Thu, Mar 13, 2003 at 03:28:45PM +0100, Ronald Landheer-Cieslak wrote:
> I have a hint for you:
> $ man ssmtp

If I knew sendmail when I installed ssmtp, then that would have been a
helpful suggestion.  Manpages are an excellent resource if you already
know the answer . . .

You need to put two lines in the files ssmtp.conf, which should be in
/etc/ssmtp

root=postmaster
mailhub=<outgoing mailserver>
hostname=<name of local machine>

That's enough.  Around here I need:
rewriteDomain=<new domain>

because our internal domain is different from our outside world domain.

Depending, you may also need revaliases, which is found in the same
directory.  I need it at home because my home machine names have no
meaning for my ISP.

Now that you know the lines, the man page will be VERY helpful in
determining who best to set it up.