RE: Installing cygwin NOT from web

He said:

> But as I understand it, setup.exe ignores the cache and looks only at
> what has been actually installed. So if you don't get all the files
> you want in a single session, and don't install, then you have
> problems.

That seems quite clear to me. Setup ignores what's in the cache;
anything that's already in the cache but wasn't installed will be
downloaded again, unnecessarily.

--
Ross Smith ...................... Pharos Systems, Auckland, New Zealand

        "It's never too soon to start planning, and, in fact,
                it's usually too late." -- Chad Orzel