Re: Cygwin + Oracle (Pro*C)

On Thu, 13 Mar 2003, günter strubinsky wrote:

> Does anybody have any experience running Oracle 9i (win2k) + cygwin with
> the pro*C preprocessor? Howto?
>
> I don?t have a glue how to get proc to work under cygwin. When I install on
> win2k I don?t think I can run the proC tool over the cygwin environment?!?
> Or can I install Oracle?s RedHat version?

It should be pretty trivial.  Set your path to include $ORACLE_HOME/bin
(that means you have to set ORACLE_HOME first, and it probably should be
in DOS syntax).  ProC is just another windows command line app, so it
should run on top of Cygwin without any problems.  Are you having a
specific problem?

--
Peter A. Castro <doctor at fruitbat dot org> or <Peter dot Castro at oracle dot com>