Re: [ANNOUNCEMENT] New release of setup.exe (2.249.2.10)

Pierre A. Humblet wrote:
Here is another point of concern: assume a non privileged domain user
runs setup and answers "yes" to the "Run as Administrator" dialog.
It is likely that no entry will be made for the domain user in /etc/passwd
To verify that it will be necessary to rename /etc/passwd  before
running setup.
Thanks for trying when you have a chance.

Well, the account that is proposed by default by the Run As dialog ist the local Administrator. Running under that account setup will alomost certainly fail to create the domain relevant information in /etc/passwd and /etc/group. But I will try and verify that next week.
OTOH: I wouldn't worry too much about that. Put that in the FAQ. This should make things clear to the domain user who does an installation with local administrative rights.
Any domain administrator logged on under a restricted account and therefore using the Run As feature knows that it would be a gould idea to switch to his domain admin account when doing things where domain access is relevant or he shouldn't have been made domain administrator in the first place.

Pierre

P.S.: in my previous e-mail:
normal users probably don't have rx access. ^^^^^^ seem to

I think this time I got the point at first try ;-)

Regards
  mks