Home directories and spaces

Hi,

I installed the cygwin distribution (February 14) on Windows XP and am having trouble with spaces my home directory "/cygwin/c/Documents and Settings/largy". For example, when I run the command "startx" at the bash prompt I get:

[: and: unknown operand
[: and: unknown operand
export: Settings/largy/.Xauthority: bad variable name

cat: /cygdrive/c/Documents: No such file or directory
[: and: unknown operand
[: and: unknown operand

The X server does start, but I'd rather not see these error messages--obviously something is wrong. What are most people using as their home directories, and from the multitudinous ways of setting it, what is the preferred method?

Part II

Once the X server starts, the xterms in my session display this prompt:

\[\033]0;\w\007
\033[32m\]\u at \h \[\033[33m\w\033[0m\]

Somehow the PS1 environment variable is screwed up. How should I set it?

Tim