RE: CVS and binary/text files.

Umm not sure if a) anyones already answered this or b) it will suit your
problem, but if you need to quickly change a directory between text or
binary, mount it in the mode you need.
eg.
mkdir /mnt
mount -t h:/documents /mnt
for text mode.
then to switch it.
umount /mnt
mount h:/documents /mnt

(and just substitute your cvs root for h:/documents)