Problems with win95 Command.com and OpenSSL/CA.sh on cygwin

I've been playing with CA.sh running win95. I have recently reinstalled several
times assuming it was either a bug in the build ( I saw on the list that
there were several problems on win95 because of a minor kludge), or
a problem with the way 95 was handling bash.exe.

To make a long story short: I get to this point in the creation  of a CA

CA.pl -signreq

and ouch. using cyg OR command alone causes my machine to reboot.

Anyone else experience this or similar problems?

-x