Re: Determining the location of a cygwin installation

On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 06:45:42PM -0000, John Morrison wrote:
>You didn't say whether you wanted it for a script or exe, for
>a script...
>
>cygpath -w -p /
>
>works for me :)

That's the only sure-fire way to work since there is no guarantee that
the registry items will be around forever.  In fact, I guarantee that they
won't be.

If you are talking about writing an actual cygwin-linked c program rather
than a script then you'd use the cygwin_conv_to_full_win32_path call :

http://cygwin.com/cygwin-api/func-cygwin-conv-to-full-win32-path.html

cgf