Re: Mozilla 1.3 built on cygwin?

Christopher Faylor wrote:
On Wed, Mar 26, 2003 at 09:59:19PM -0800, Randall R Schulz wrote:

  2. Having a complex GUI app like Mozilla ported to Cygwin could
      prove to be a stick in which to measure and compare the over
      all efficiency and performance of Cygwin. If the "native"
      Mozilla and the Cygwin version performed reasonably the same,
      then we would know that Cygwin is on track. If the Cygwin
      version lagged, it would set concrete goals for the
      Cygwin/XFree team.

That's not going to happen any time soon. XFree86/Cygwin has no graphics acceleration. Apart from that, little if anything runs as fast through Cygwin as it does on the Win32 API even if GUI operation is ignored or irrelevant.

I don't mean this as a criticism, but just a fact. I imagine the biggest win would be by getting some graphics acceleration in XFree86.

Yeah, this was my first thought when I saw this thread.
Not exactly. If so, we can try another X server.

However, getting mozilla run on cygwin is a challenge.:-)

$app = mozilla; print "Why is $app so *slow* on cygwin!"; >
I believe that.
cgf