Re: login incorrect

On Mon, Apr 14, 2003 at 02:45:22PM +0530, abrar at ecomscience dot com wrote:
> In my win2000 server (standalone, not a domain) I created a user postgres
> and password postgres within administrator group, did
> mkpasswd -l</etc/passwd  and mkgroup from cygwin, also did the
>
> "Act as part of the operating system"
> "Replace process level token"
> "Increase quotas"
>
> for both administrator and postgres user rights, changed the gid in passwd
> file but no help. The login incorrect message is still there for postgres
> user.
>
> My system name is bobby drives are FAT (so no ntsec) and passwd file is
> pasted below:

ntsec is needed for a successful context switch, regardless of the FS
type.  However, ntsec is on by default.

If you want to use login from the command line, you have to give the
above rights to the user calling login, not to the user you want to
change to.  Note that this is highly discouraged, though.  You'd have
to give dangerous rights to otherwise unprivileged accounts, making
them privileged accounts through the back door.  Start an ssh daemon
and use that for switching user context.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.