Re: Cygwin 'bell' not working

For what is is worth it works on my cygwin system.

On Tue, Apr 01, 2003 at 12:35:27PM -0800, Jerry D. Hedden wrote:
> The following command is supposed to sound a 'bell', but does not
> produce any sound output on my machine:
>
> echo -e '\a'
>
> If I output a ^G using Window's echo command, I do get a beep.
>
> I am not using X-Windows.  I am using Windows 'command prompt' window
> running bash.
>
> Does Cygwin lack the ability to sound the computer's bell?  If not,
> what do I need to change to fix this?
>
> =====
> Jerry D. Hedden - Author of MegaWiki for Palm-based handhelds
> http://www.palmgear.com/software/showsoftware.cfm?prodID=36156
> << I know you believe you understand what you think I said, but I'm not sure you realize that what you heard is not what I meant. >>

Slowly and surely the unix crept up on the Nintendo user ...
Wayne Willcox                          I will not eat green eggs and ham
wayne at reliant dot immure dot com                     I will not eat them Sam I Am!!
A wise person makes his own decisions, a weak one obeys public opinion.
                -- Chinese proverb