Re: Big Brother is Real

On Thu, Apr 03, 2003 at 04:37:26PM -0500, Christopher Faylor wrote:
> I think the only problem is that Cygwin probably just needs to be debugged
> to see what's going on.  If someone wants to send me a nice 64 bit system
> running WinXP 64 (or whatever it's called), I'll see what I can do.

Coincidentally I was going to suggest something similar...

I got a hint lately about stuff working different on 64bit.  If a 32 bit
application is called from a 64 bit application the stack is 0xc000
lower than if the same 32 bit application is called by another 32 bit
application.  E. g., the first bash is spawned from 64 bit cmd.exe, its
stack is shifted 0xc000.  A CreateProcess call from fork will now create
a child with the stack at another location which breaks the longjmp.

Corinna

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.