Re: vim quits and cygwin window contents not restored

Chuck,

At 15:52 2003-04-05, Charles Wilson wrote:
Randall R Schulz wrote:
Chuck,

I was meaning to write this up earlier, but work keeps getting in the way.
When I used your new termcap entry, "less" (when it's displaying
output piped to it via its standard input but not when it is given a file
name argument) tells me "WARNING: terminal is not fully functional".

Well, I hate to be brusque, but I don't maintain termcap, just terminfo. I provided a termcap translation as an offhand thing; I didn't really think about it. Perhaps I should have thought about it, and then not done it <g>.

I don't mind, but if you hate doing or being a thing, why do or be it anyway?

Anyway, perhaps some codes were dropped in the terminfo -> termcap autoconversion. Or perhaps my new-n-improved terminfo entry is wrong: but the only way to find out is to recompile less to use terminfo/ncurses, and run your testcase.

I don't plan on doing that; sorry.

If the *terminfo* entry breaks *existing* apps that use *ncurses*, then I want to know, and I'll fix it (patches gratefully accepted, etc etc). Otherwise, I don't care. Termcap is not my baby.

It's no problem--I'll just stick with the previous "cygwin" termcap entry. But why send a termcap entry and then wash your hands of the consequences of it being used? You didn't include any disclaimers, so it seemed like the courteous thing to do to let you know about the problem.

--Chuck

Randall Schulz