Re: Multi-threaded programs

Ronald,

Thanks for answering at first.

Because of many Win32 features, I'd like to maintain windows compatibility and so use Win32 API functions by now. In future I'd like to have a Posix compatible code, but I have noticed there are many functions I should change now and maintaining current code lets me compare easily the Watcom compiled executable and the cygwin one if differences appear. So I use -no-cygwin flag. After some steps I could compile and link the program, but I have noticed there's a problem using multi-thread Windows functions and cygwin compiler. When I combine exceptions (try/catch structures) and muti-threading (Win 32 native API) , the compiler crashes. I have been looking for similar behaviour and found in this mailing list some people with the same problem. They explain the problem as if the compiler uses shared tables to manage exceptions and provoke access violation when muti-threading is used.

At fact, these cases are referred to aprox. 2 years ago. So I'd like to know if this can be solved upgrading any package, or if I even could use pthreads but maintain the rest of Win32 API calls.

Thanks in advance,

Ignasi Villagrasa.