Re: Hi again

On Tue, 8 Apr 2003, Wassel, Saarah wrote:

> Hi its me again.  I had another question.  Well I had to re-install cygwin
> because I didn't check mark the editors (that screen that comes up when you
> install).  Then I did a full deletion of cygwin so I could start fresh and
> download it again.  However this time I have everything else working except
> for the XWin bit.  I was wondering if you knew where that feature would be
> located in the checkmark place under installation.
>
> It is my knowledge that the commands such as "startx" and "xwin" all fall
> under the /cygwin/etc/bin/ directory.  However that was not loaded on the
> install and I wanted to know (again) what I am missing for installation.  I
> pretty much did a full install.  I installed all the XFree86 files, anything
> with X11 on it, and all the other bits and pieces that are on the web site
> --gcc, make, tetex, tetex-devel, texmf, XFree86-base, XFree86-prog,
> ghostscript-x11 and all Guile packages (guile, guile-devel, guile-doc,
> libguile12 and libguile14). You probably also want a decent window manager
> like openbox or WindowMaker.
> is there something I am doing wrong here? (the gcc works fine as well as
> emacs)
>
> Saarah Wassel

Saarah,

You have *got* to use better subjects in your messages... ;-)

First off, to correct a misconception, setup.exe is used for both the
initial install and the subsequent upgrades, so running it again will not
"reinstall" cygwin unless you request it (by marking some packages
"Reinstall").

Secondly, any queries relating to XFree should be directed to the
<cygwin-xfree at cygwin dot com> list.  Please repost your query there.
	Igor
--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II