Re: Problem with database engine on Cygwin

Larry,

It may be more complicated than that.  unlink() calls DeleteFile(), and
who knows what happens in the guts of it.  For instance, I'm having a
permission problem with deleting files on a Samba share from inside of
applications (but no problems deleting them from the shell).  I've traced
it as far as the DeleteFile() call, which fails in the former case and
succeeds in the latter.  Go figure...

My advice to the OP, though, is to check all the return codes, especially
for system calls.
	Igor

--
				http://cs.nyu.edu/~pechtcha/
      |\      _,,,---,,_		pechtcha at cs dot nyu dot edu

Knowledge is an unending adventure at the edge of uncertainty.
  -- Leto II