Re: setup.exe and "in-use-file"

Charles Wilson wrote:
Sven Köhler wrote:

i know that this feature has been requested many many times!
I don't know that. In fact, I can't recall this specific popup window EVER being requested, except as a possible proposal to solve a problem (but the problem was solved using a different method): There was some discussion about the problems setup PREVIOUSLY had updating a system when cygwin progs were running, and various solutions were proposed at that time. One of the proposed solutions was to do the popup thing as you descibe; another proposed solution was to use the standard Windows method of replacing in-use files: schedule them to be replaced on next-reboot, and ask the user "ok to reboot?" at setup's conclusion. The latter solution was chosen.
Well, let me be the 2nd person to request this feature.

BTW: why would anyone want replace on reboot? Isn't it more dangerous/annoying (under 99% of all situations) than any other option?