a a embedded world problem !

Hell Experts,
Sorry... away from the topic,,,, but you embedded
guys should have come across the below problem.
So,...do help this chap...... !

I have a board with ATMEL 89c51 interfaced
with 1 MB data memory and 0.5 MB program Memory,
a keypad and lcd interface.
I am able to port and run a particular application
built using KEIL successfully in the 89c51 controller
and store the data got from the user into the flash.
The software is perfect. I have many such boards
and it runs perfectly.

But, at times
the board/controller goes into a hanging condition
while getting the data from the user and the data in
the flash memory is lost.
Using our another serial port software i am able to
get the data stored just before the controller went
into the hanging condition  from the flash memory in
the board .

The same board works fine the other day
with the same software in the same condition in
which the board came to standstill the previous day.

I am really confused . I am unable to find or predict
the moment it will go into hanging condition . I
am unable to find the moment i will lose my data.
It hangs at certain times if the data is low
and at times if the data is high .
I am Really confused .

Has anyone come across such problem ?

where is the problem ? y is it unpredictable like
windows ?? Should the problem be with the software
or with the hardware ? but most of the times the
software works and there is no such hanging problem .
But why should it hang at certain times ???

How to avoid it ?Plz do help me.

Xpecting ur reply,
karthik bala guru.T
linladn at yahoo dot co dot in