RE: Peculiarities with tar

> From: cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com [mailto:cygwin-owner at cygwin dot com]On Behalf
> Of Andrew Markebo

--8<--
> |  In other words: "Incomplete filesystem error"
>
> I think rather incomplete filesystem incompability wit mcafee version
> and cygwin and phase of moon ;-)

 Well, that's the wordy version ;-)

> Did you try disabling mcafee?

 Nope not yet. I will probably do another try as soon as I have cleaned out
a couple things though (200Mhz P-Pro doesn't run many games ;-P). Stay
tuned... :-)

> If my memory doesn't fail me as usual, it was fixed by upgrading
> mcafee, check the archives.

 Uhm... no need to - I'll stay put with that version. I have lost confidence
for McAfee, not for it's capabilities, but overall behaviour (IMO it uses
far too much CPU power; i.e. these old things I have running come to a
complete halt when I open a drawer in explorer).
 I do still regularly update it, but as the machine is meant for the kid
games... second priority.

/Hannu E K Nevalainen, Mariefred, Sweden

--END OF MESSAGE--