Re: proftpd (was: Re: inetutils ftpd fcntl(F_SETOWN) failure message suppression patch)

On Mon, Apr 21, 2003 at 10:55:41PM +0200, Gerrit P. Haase wrote:
> Yes, I'm interested.
> It seems that there is a problem with the login.
> I could compile the current cvs source, the server runs, but ...
> I cannot login.
> [...]
> +#ifdef __CYGWIN__
> +  /* We have to do special Windows NT voodoo with Cygwin in order to be
> +   * able to switch UID/GID. More info at
> +   * http://cygwin.com/cygwin-ug-net/ntsec.html#NTSEC-SETUID
> +   */
> +       if (is_winnt) {
> +               HANDLE hToken = cygwin_logon_user(pw, pass);
> +
> +               if (hToken == INVALID_HANDLE_VALUE)
> +          goto auth_failure;
> +               cygwin_set_impersonation_token(hToken);
> +       }
> +#endif /* __CYGWIN__ */
> +

Actually I'm missing something like an `else' here.  The authentication
on NT/2K/XP is done *instead* of making any authentication like calling
crypt() to verify the password or calling some PAM functions.  You must
make sure that on NT/2K/XP that stuff doesn't get called.  On 9x/Me
OTOH you still must use crypt() to verify the password.  If you want to
see a really simple example, have a look into the login(1) source

Cygwin Developer                                mailto:cygwin at cygwin dot com
Red Hat, Inc.