Resolved: username and other OpenSSH-related problems

...For the Archive - for the ones who follow who search the archives, I
offer this:

I have no solution to Windows passing off usernames with capitalized
letters, but SSH does provide a solution in the form of a "config" file in
~/.ssh which may contain a specific username to use when connecting to a
specific named host. The name of the host used is arbitrary and may be
redirected with the use of a specified "HostName"... Note also that no,
Unix/Linux does not permit capitalization in usernames.

Next up; The ssh provided with Cygwin is OpenSSH. OpenSSH continues to use
ssh version 1 format keys while the other two main codelines of ssh2
(Finnish non-commercial and normal commercial) use a different key format.
The two formats are not compatible, however, there are tools to either
create or convert keys and, in fact, such an ability comes with the cygwin
provided. (See: http://www.netsys.com/cgi-bin/display_article.cgi?1254)

Richard

--
Richard Troy, Chief Scientist